As a Solutions Architect on the Field Engineering Team for Terracotta, Eric Mizell helps enterprise IT organizations improve their service availability and application performance through the application of the industry leading Terracotta Java Scalability Technology. Prior to Terracotta, Eric was the lead architect for a large scale insurance application. He has over 13 years of experience designing and developing enterprise systems where performance and scalability were essential. Eric has presented at NFJS, AJUG, and blogs about Java scaling at http://javascaling.blogspot.com/.
Scaling enterprise applications is hard. Enterprise Ehcache is an easy-to-deploy solution to these hard-to-solve scale and throughput problems.
In this session you will learn:
* Background - Standard Caching Theory and Practice
* Getting Started - Ehcache API and Configuration
* BigMemory - How to Scale Up your Applications
* Advanced Scaling Techniques - Configuring and Deploying a Distributed Cache
* Search API - Introduction to new Search API with live code demonstration
* Developer’s Console - Live tour of the console in action